Thursday, June 10, 2010

Dharma dyes

This skein is done. It took me 3 weeks to figure out the wright colorcombination. First it was all greens and Yellows (boring) Yesterday I added Dharma Dye (Fire engine Red and Electric Violet) The change was dramatic. I like the outcome so much. It is hard to photograph the colored skeins as beautiful as they are when you see them. In fact they are way more pretty than they show up in the pictures.

Tuesday, June 8, 2010


Preparing for my exhibition I came across to many unfinished projects that I actualy only started to remember the idea. I decided to tread them like sketches and declared them finished. The first one was an experiment with Kauni yarn.
The mitten (gloves for the oven) I knitted in the colors of a mitten made by my mother. Amongst many things she also quilted. I wanted to knit the twin sister of her mitten. Although I knitted only a few rows, I got bored. I like the idea of a second and knitted sister-mitten and want to remember that idea. Just don't feel like knitting the whole thing. Finished, as a sketch.